British Journal of Surgery
This clinical guideline extends and replaces NICE clinical guideline 21 (published November 2004)...
This Guideline has been structured into main chapter headings dealing with expected areas such as..
This activity reviews the assessment, classification and management of women presenting with urinary incontinence.
This activity is intended for neurologists, primary care clinicians, anesthesiologists, and geriatricians. The goal of this activity is to discuss current practice guidelines and the use of anticonvulsants for the...
Dementia is becoming increasingly prevalent, both due to our ageing population and improved recognition of the condition. However, the nature of dementia means that managing the condition can pose unique...
Brentuximab Vedotin or B-CAP in the Treatment of Older Patients With Newly Diagnosed Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma11-07-2014
The purpose of this trial is to determine
- Objective response rate (ORR), defined as the proportion of patients having CR, CRr or PR in the centrally reviewed restaging after six cycles of chemotherapy
- Progression-free survival (PFS) 3 years after registration
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) for Lower Urinary Tract Disorders in Parkinson's Syndrome (UROPARKTENS)08-07-2014
The principal objective is to compare the efficacy of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation of the posterior tibial nerve with placebo stimulation, applied 20 minutes daily for 3 months, in Lower Urinary Tract Disorders (LUTD) in patients with Parkinson's disease or multisystem atrophy, evaluated using the..
The secondary objectives are to compare the efficacy of TENS with placebo stimulation on change before/after 3 months of treatment on:
- the intensity of urinary symptoms, evaluated using the Patient Global Impression of Severity (PGI-S) scale
- the number of voidings in 24 hours, number of episodes of urinary incontinence in 24 hours and maximum bladder capacity, evaluated by a voiding diary over 3 days
- urinary symptoms, evaluated with the urinary symptom profile (USP) questionnaire
- quality of life, assessed by the Qualiveen-SF® questionnaire
- post-void residual volume measured by bladder ultrasound and effect on the development of infectious complications, by comparing the number of urinary infections over 3 months in each group.
Lastly, the safety of TENS will be compared with that of placebo stimulation by the occurrence of adverse events during the 3 months of treatment.